Our Client a large Electric Utility company is seeking a Transmission Planner. This position is a long term contract opportunity. Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join their fast-paced growing team. The right person for this position will be able to perform well under pressure and be adaptable to rapid change and redirection.
- Perform power flow studies with the help of tools such as PSSE/E, TARA etc. and develop high quality system reinforcement plans. Utilize programming language such as Python, Visual Basic (VB) to automate simulation processes.
- Maintain the accuracy of existing and future transmission system model and contingency database.
- Develop high quality project work scope (Gate 0 package) by taking inputs from various internal stake holders such as Engineering Design, Siting, Real Estate, Operations, Project management, Compliance, Distribution Planning, Regulatory Affairs, System Maintenance etc.
- Prepares detailed project justification, alternative analysis, and supporting documentation for budgeting transmission projects to be included in the business plan.
- Leads a variety of initiatives including developing innovative procedures, improved design recommendations or transmission planning criteria.
- Must have PJM experience
- Bachelor Degree in EE or CS
- 5+ years of related experience
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.