Our Client, a large Electric Utility company, is seeking a Substation Designer. This position is a contract opportunity. Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join their fast-paced growing team. The right person for this position will be able to perform well under pressure and be adaptable to rapid change and redirection.
The Substation Designer will provide designer support for large and small scale substation engineering projects. This is an excellent growth opportunity for a self-directed individual who wants to learn and take on new challenges.
Specific Duties Include
- Work independently to perform substation design tasks, CADD design, develop design drawings and documents, modeling and/or analysis, prepare material lists, perform field reviews, and other tasks for simple to moderately complex projects.
- Prepare engineering drawings, including One Line Diagrams, General Arrangements Sections, Grounding & Conduit Plans, Foundation Plans, Material Lists (BOM), Relay and Control Systems Schematics and Wiring Diagrams
- Perform calculations, reports and designs for electrical substations (Low, Medium and High Voltage) and substation systems to support engineers.
- Understand client standards and complete small to moderately complex projects, exercising judgment in design criteria, evaluation, and design, subject to review by engineers.
- Based upon experience, can perform most design responsibilities without assistance on simple projects, and may work independently, but with some engineering guidance on moderately complex projects.
Communicate with Project Managers, Project Engineers, and client personnel
- Associates or technical school degree or combination of education and relevant experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing CADD layouts/designs from engineering designs.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and MicroStation.
- Experience in both the Protection and Control (Indoor) and Physical (Outdoor) aspects of High Voltage (HV) Substation design.
- Ability to be a lead technician, train junior designers, and work closely with engineering staff.
- Strong attention to detail, communication, and organizational skills.
If you are interested or know someone that may fit this position and you require more information please contact Luke Caldarera at 832.871.4385 or send your resume to email@example.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.