Our client, a large EPC is currently seeking a Senior Project Purchaser for a contract to hire position.
Job Description Summary
The Senior Project Purchaser plans, manages, and coordinates all procurement activities on assigned projects, including purchasing, expediting, material management, supplier quality, logistics and field procurement. This position will support the accounting team with analyzing and validating project related timekeeping.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Direct the preparation of procurement documents and agreements for the materials, supplies, equipment, and services needed to execute project deliverables.
- Lead, train and mentor Purchasers on Procurement best practices.
- Prepare (RFx) documents and compile all necessary attachments, including documents, drawings, and specifications.
- Lead the effort in evaluating and selecting suppliers. Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, and negotiate the procurement of equipment, goods, and services.
- Directs commercial bid evaluations of supplier proposals and coordinate technical evaluations and recommendations.
- Prepare and present project procurement status reports, including purchase order closeout reports, purchase order logs and Third-Party Equipment Rental Logs.
- Receive materials and equipment on purchase orders in the purchasing software application.
- Monitor and process supplier invoices pending in the online invoicing application.
- Finalize Project purchase order closeouts.
- Compile and enter employees’ time into the online Timekeeping System daily.
- Enter, balance, and prepare weekly payroll recap reports for Accounting Team.
- Collect and enter field employees’ termination, transfer, and rate change forms.
- Interfaces with the project manager, project team, and the client on all procurement matters.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or Construction related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of 8 years direct purchasing experience, project procurement, project field procurement, materials management, or EPC procurement experience.
- Procure to Pay (P2P) experience required.
- Viewpoint Construction Software experience preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills,
- Proven effective ability to negotiate.
- Experience in devising new approaches to purchasing problems encountered.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a fast-pace, quantitative problem-solving environment.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and critical thinking skills.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Basic knowledge of terms and conditions related to procurement of materials and equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
If you are interested or know someone that may fit this position and you require more information please contact Luke Caldarera at 832.871.4385 or send your resume to email@example.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.