Location: Austin, Texas
Our client is a medical device company that is world leading in their field.
Could This Be For You?
Our client is seeking an eCommerce Business Systems Developer (Magento) to support our eCommerce applications. Reporting to the Director of eCommerce & Web Services, this role will be an integral part of the technical ecommerce team and a partner for the business and IT teams. Person in this role will be responsible for developing new features and functionality for our various eCommerce sites working with technical lead and vendors. Integral part of this role will be to support the eCommerce development processes and be responsible for support of the various eCommerce sites, as needed.
In this role, you will:
- Work with business, IT teams and vendor partners to manage the requests and issues log for the online stores and ancillary systems.
- Document business requirements and work with various stakeholders to maintain a prioritized list of requirements. Collaborate with user experience teams on wireframes and UI designs that support the product requirements.
- Convey product requirements by creating effective user stories, functional requirements, wireframes and/or mockups.
- Maintain the product roadmap for all eCommerce systems. Perform cost and benefit analysis of proposed projects.
- Lead the support and troubleshooting process with our vendor partners and internal stakeholders. Maintain near 100% uptime for all our sites.
- Coordinate with development team and QA leads to ensure changes are properly tested
- Analyze product performance and respond quickly to diagnose and correct problems. Monitor site performance and maintain dashboards/ KPI metrics for sites.
- Stay abreast on patches released for the eCommerce platform and manage application of those patches
- Participate as a key part of the eCommerce team to ensure successful and timely technical implementations and process adhesion related to analysis, design, development, rollout, and support of eCommerce applications and systems
- Collaborate with multiple team members to plan, implement, test and deploy new features and improvements for the enterprise eCommerce website(s)
- Ability to write code for the Magento2 platform and hands-on work with Integration code, feature development and support of Magento2 based ecommerce sites.
- Build and maintain to enhance interfaces and integrations between website and business systems including ERP
- Work with external partners to deploy upgrades, reduce problems and enhance web site performance
- Proactively identify gaps in the current product offerings and lead the effort to develop solutions that drive business value.
- Work closely with eCommerce Technical Lead for operational and support direction and to develop and enhance workflow processes and maximize the potential of existing capabilities.
- Work with the eCommerce Technical Lead/ Technical architects to ensure that the solutions being implemented align with our overall architectural strategy.
- Work directly with assigned project manager(s) to ensure successful delivery of eCommerce and CRM projects.
- Analyze product performance and customer feedback post-launch, and respond quickly to diagnose and correct problems.
- Help the support and operational teams with support tasks for the websites/CRM, as needed.
- Interface with external developer/vendors, as needed.
Requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Sciences, Technology, Business Management or equivalent years of experience.
- 8 years of progressively increasing responsibility within an “Online” environment (web, digital, eCommerce, CRM, etc.) with a primary focus on Product Requirements and Support Management.
Additional Success Factors
The successful candidate will also possess:
- Extensive understanding of retail eCommerce landscape, including “best practice” platforms, practices, features, and functionality.
- Knowledge of AWS and Cloud technologies a plus.
- Understanding of automated software testing methodologies.
- Understanding of Magento 2 code structure, extension architecture, theming hierarchy, and fallback components.
- Back-End Development (PHP, MySQL).
- Experience working with external partners to deploy upgrades, reduce problems and enhance web site performance.
- Knowledge of bug, feature and diagnosis tracking tools such as Jira, New Relic, Jenkins, Ansible, etc.
- Competent in web services integrations (REST/SOAP) including ERP and other system integrations.
- Demonstrable knowledge of API integration, front-end development, and payment gateways.
- Extensive knowledge of Git-based source control and CICD and other Agile processes.
- Knowledge of technologies like CDN, load balancing, hosting, web server configurations, DNS, etc.
- Knowledge of WPA technology and mobile app development.
- Understanding of web analytics and SEO techniques.
- Understanding Google AdWords a Plus.
- Build and maintain to enhance interfaces and integrations between website and business systems.
- Customize Magento’s front-end components using layout XML, blocks, and templates.
- Understanding of web technology fundamentals and passion for user experience.
- Proficient with Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to support/troubleshoot in an organized manner and execute methodically.
- Ability to work individually and within a team.
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presentation skills.
- Keen attention to details.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with demonstrated relationship-management skills, and a proven track record of delivering results and influencing both within and outside the organization.
- Strong analytic skills and experience with metrics driven decision making.
- Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
- Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
- Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
- Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
- Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
Employees working at least 20 hours per week are eligible for the following benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 8 Paid Holidays per Year
- Paid Vacation Time Off
- Paid Sick Time Off
- 8 hours of paid time to volunteer in your community
- Floating Holiday
- Life Insurance
- Medical Flex Spend Account
- Dependent Care Flex Spend Account
- Free employee assistance program
- Full-time employees are also eligible for short-term and long-term disability insurance.
For more information on this job visit: https://rekruiters.com/jobs/
Rekruiters has been named by business journals as one of the best places to work.
We offer benefits such as weekly pay, health insurance, 401k and even profit sharing to our consultants.