Our client is looking for an experienced Electrical Power Systems Design and Analysis Engineer to join the team in Renton, WA. This position will support the Concept Aircraft program.
- Works with leadership team to develop and document various electrical power system requirements on this complex multi-tiered program includes power generation, secondary power distribution, etc.
- Provides analysis and translation of requirements into various electrical system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Monitors designs to ensure compliance with FAA Certification and Final Systems Definition.
- Provides testing and validation work on electrical power system and subsystem VC-25B designs to ensure that operational and functional requirements are met.
- Ensures that FAA certification will be met.
- Develops program test strategies as needed.
- Evaluates performance of critical suppliers to ensure electrical system integration and compliance with requirements where needed.
- Provides critical support during integration and check out of hardware and software in the labs and on the aircraft.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Computer Science
- 7+ Experience working with aircraft systems and subsystems
- 3+ years of experience on all aspects of electrical power systems–generators, batteries, distribution, dielectric failure, etc.
- Experience with FAA certification