Our Client a large Electric Utility company is seeking a DER Interconnection Engineer. This position is a contract opportunity and can be 100% REMOTE. Our client is looking for a motivated individual to join their fast-paced growing team. The right person for this position will be able to perform well under pressure and be adaptable to rapid change and redirection.
The right person for this position will be responsible for the following:
- Interconnection Engineering and will work closely with Interconnection Engineering, Design Engineering, and Business Development teams to achieve interconnection of distributed energy resources (DERs)Work closely with engineers and other project managers to provide updates
- Electrical design and interconnection application process for utility scale PV and PV+Storage projects, identify reliability and congestion constraints
- Develop single line diagrams and three-line diagrams for distribution-level and transmission-level Interconnection Applications, electrical permits, and construction documents
- Bachelor Degree Engineering
- Distributed Energy Resource (DER) planning
- DER standards including energy storage (battery), solar PV inverters
- Working knowledge of IEEE 1547.2018 and UL 1741
- 2+ years of experience
Hours: Monday – Friday (8-5)
Duration: 12+ months
Remote Work: 100%
If you are interested or know someone that may fit this position and you require more information please contact Luke Caldarera at 832.871.4385 or send your resume to email@example.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.